MUNIBILLING is in search of a Utilities National Sales Manager. This dynamic person is responsible for the generation of all sales and business development operations for the Utility Industry. The Utilities National Sales Manager is responsible for closing new business across the entire United States. This person will have monthly and quarterly sales goals and an unlimited commission plan with bonuses for over-achievement. The position is a remote opportunity with minimal travel. You will be selling to Townships and Municipalities across the United States.
** Please do not apply if you do not meet these requirements **
- Must have 2+ years selling in the Municipality Utility space – water, gas, electric, trash or other.
- Must have 4+ years of sales closing experience
- Must understand Utility Billing – i.e. Meter Reads, Rates, Billing Cycles
This person will:
- Develop and implement sales plans and forecasts to achieve sales objectives targeted toward generating new business
- Conduct business to business cold calls via phone, in-person, email, text, and social media
- Market, present, and sell products and services to prospective clients
- Maintain a communication/visitation schedule with clients and prospects to ensure a strong relationship
- Track progress toward monthly and quarterly sales goals
- Coordinate sales leads through CRM database
- Participate in weekly calls with sales team and work cohesively with team members
- Represent the company at trade association meetings to promote product
Travel required 0-5% of time
MuniBilling provides utility billing software for government, property management and private companies. We have an informal and collaborative environment.
Headquarters are located in Greensboro, North Carolina. This is a remote position and candidate can be located anywhere in US.
Preferred Education, Skills, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of relevant experience
- Proven track record selling SaaS Accounting Packages, Utility Billing Platforms or related SaaS Billing Packages to municipal governments
- Experience with using CRM database, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to build rapport with clients/prospects through professional behavior, product knowledge, and through network of contacts
- Experience working remotely
Come join our team!